Wednesday, June 1, 2011

HodgePodge


I've skipped a few hodgepodges lately and it's time to get back into them.

1. Have you ever been to the capital of the USA-Washington DC? If so what's your favorite site? If not, what site would you most like to see on a visit to that city someday in the future? Is it even on your list of places to visit?


- I've been a few times and I love it. I love all of the Smithsonian museums. The artifacts they have are absolutely amazing and I really want to go back soon. I wish I could find some old pictures from our family visits, but alas, they have yet to be scanned onto our desktop.

2. When did you last attend a wedding? Are there any weddings on your summer calendar? Were you a summer bride? If you're single is summer the season of your dream wedding?

- The last wedding I attended was in February. My godbrother John married a sweet Southern girl named Sarah Grace.

John's younger brother, David, is getting married at the end of July so we're all heading back up to Alabama for that towards the end of the month. I'm a sucker for weddings so I'm extremely excited. As for me, I'd rather get married in late fall/early winter. I despise the summer heat and can't imagine trying to take pictures outside in a full length gown in the middle of the summer. I'd rather brave a little cold air than sweat through my dress.

3. What is your favorite way to eat strawberries?

- Strawberry shortcake. My grandma makes a cake that is to die for! Just thinking about it has made me hungry.


4. What is one thing you are especially looking forward to this summer?

- My good friends Felix and Julia are traveling to Florida from Germany in July and will be staying in town through the beginning of August. It's been two years since we've seen each other and I cannot wait to catch up, learn some new German phrases, and have an overall good time. I'm not quite sure how we're going to entertain them in T-ville for an entire month, but I'm sure we'll find a way.

5. Do you use/like the self scanner at the grocery store?

- I use it when I only have a couple things to buy. I always end up doing something wrong though, so I might as well wait in the regular line.

6. Share a favorite piece of common sense advice.

- Think before you speak.
I'm still working on that one. Things tend to sound a lot smarter in my head than they do coming out of my mouth.

7. Barefoot, flip flops, tennis shoes, sassy sandal-your first choice for summertime?

- Barefoot! My mom hates it when I walk out without shoes on, but it just feels so good. The second I walk into anyone's house, I toss my shoes in a corner and don't put them back on until we're going somewhere that requires footwear. When I am required to cover my soles, I wear flip flops. I'm not even sure if I own a pair of sneakers that fit...

8. Insert your own random thought here.

- The lazy days of summer have never been so lazy. Today, I didn't get out of bed until around 1 or 2 and I didn't leave the house until 630. I'm enjoying having the opportunity to be lazy because I know, come August, I won't have free time anymore.

1 comment: