It's been a little while since I blogged last. This past weekend was fantastic, and the upcoming one looks promising. So all I have to do is make it through the rest of the week.
I'll start with the past. The weekend began with solo and ensemble glaring down at me. My Friday looked shot, but that just goes to show that things don't always go as planned. Mausam and I both have fourth block off, and don't intern on Fridays so we had a Taco Bell date. We spent an hour sitting there talking about college, and life in general. I looked at my cell phone during a short break in discussions and realized that I had lost track of time. I ran (well actually drove) home and changed into my dress clothes, and the most uncomfortable pair of heels I own. Mr Szczerba picked me up, and we met Clare, Chris, and Nick at school. We all drove over to Satellite to play our respective ensembles. Clarinet choir when a lot better than expected, and all of us ended up leaving with superiors. After S&E, Chris, Clare, and I headed over to Panda Express and ate some yummy Chinese, and then (as we usually end up doing on Friday nights) walked around Target. I somehow earned the nickname "Moneybags"... Clare and Chris' nicknames are not appropriate for writing here. After that, we stopped by Dargan's and then went home.
Saturday, I had to play my solo. Beforehand, my parents took me out to eat at this fabulous Greek restaurant on A1A. I got the most amazing Pastichio, and had a little of my mom's gyro. Although she isn't a real Greek since she doesn't eat lamb. After eating, we went over to Satellite so I could epically fail at my solo. My judge was really nice, and gave me a superior when I really didn't deserve it. As soon as I got home, I went over to Chris' house and he cooked Clare, Dargan, Mausam, and I a fabulous Single Ladie's dinner, because no one wants to be alone on Valentine's Day. Especially when they had other plans before.... We ate, watched some hilarious comedians (youtube "Russell Peters", and "Varm It Up"), then went home around midnight.
Sunday was my planned sit around and do nothing day. But of course, plans never work out. So I decided to go to Ultimate Frisbee. My team won 4-1. I left a little early so I could shower and head over to youth group. Youth was fun, Jordan spoke so Trey could go to Park Ave's dance with Lindsay. Then Kelly, Dargan, Clare and I had a much needed girly sleepover.
Monday, the Californians came to band. It was a good time, not including my near-emotional breakdown, but that was stopped with a few hugs. That was my weekend. This upcoming one should include, Greek Festival, Either Ultimate Frisbee or Iron Chef, Clash of the Titusvillians and maybe some chill time. Hope it works out well.
No comments:
Post a Comment